A much awaited trip to Nandi Hills
I know you must be wondering why one would have to wait and yearn so much to visit a place like Nandi Hills just 70 odd kms from Bangalore. But I am blessed with a lazy fella for a husband who will not wake up in the morning for a kingdom on this earth and he will not go there in the evening as it supposedly is very crowded then. excuses galore!
Anyways, I have my ways, so made a birthday wish to see the sunrise at Nandi Hills. The poor guy had no choice but to oblige. and thus we went.. finally
Better late than never. It was a truly wonderful experience. The views, the hues, the wind (or gale, i guess), the sun, the clouds, the temple, the kund.. not to forget the fresh dosas and the steaming hot cup of chai. The huts or machans to imagine a campfire with friends some time soon. And all our laziness and pangs for waking up early just melted away. There was a spring in our step, a song on our lips and we transformed in this happy, adventurous, shutter friendly people.
It was just worth it.. even worth waking up at 4 am on a Sunday morning. And even the lazy guy agrees, albeit reluctantly.
The crowd notwithstanding. The place is such a happy and convenient escape to the tortured suffocated cubicle dwelling souls in the city. I cant believe I did not discover it sooner.
It inspired the artist, the writer (okay blogger :P), the poet and the photographer in me.
A terrific start to my day and the year ahead!! Happy Birthday Indeed... :) :)
I know you must be wondering why one would have to wait and yearn so much to visit a place like Nandi Hills just 70 odd kms from Bangalore. But I am blessed with a lazy fella for a husband who will not wake up in the morning for a kingdom on this earth and he will not go there in the evening as it supposedly is very crowded then. excuses galore!
Anyways, I have my ways, so made a birthday wish to see the sunrise at Nandi Hills. The poor guy had no choice but to oblige. and thus we went.. finally
Better late than never. It was a truly wonderful experience. The views, the hues, the wind (or gale, i guess), the sun, the clouds, the temple, the kund.. not to forget the fresh dosas and the steaming hot cup of chai. The huts or machans to imagine a campfire with friends some time soon. And all our laziness and pangs for waking up early just melted away. There was a spring in our step, a song on our lips and we transformed in this happy, adventurous, shutter friendly people.
It was just worth it.. even worth waking up at 4 am on a Sunday morning. And even the lazy guy agrees, albeit reluctantly.
The crowd notwithstanding. The place is such a happy and convenient escape to the tortured suffocated cubicle dwelling souls in the city. I cant believe I did not discover it sooner.
It inspired the artist, the writer (okay blogger :P), the poet and the photographer in me.
A terrific start to my day and the year ahead!! Happy Birthday Indeed... :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment