Lately I was reading a book titled, "Predictably Irrational" by the behavioural economist Dan Ariely. He presents a scientific explanation for the eccentricities of human behaviour that are so well entrenched in our psyche that we fail to notice the aberrations
As I make this vain attempt <irrational self> to save whatever hitherto remains of my reputation, I evoke this finding from a scientific experiment conducted by the aforementioned scholar of repute, where he says have you ever thought why we choose the way we do, he says "When a goose is born, the first living entity it perceives is its mother, so it follows its mother throughout its life. To justify his hypothesis he ensured that the first person a new born gosling saw was him, and lol the gosling followed him instead of its own mother, all its life."
So, ladies and gentlemen, we poor mortals <read innocent ill fated goslings> who art born second carry our cross for no fault of ours but a mere quirk of fate, from which we cannot depart.
As I make this vain attempt <irrational self> to save whatever hitherto remains of my reputation, I evoke this finding from a scientific experiment conducted by the aforementioned scholar of repute, where he says have you ever thought why we choose the way we do, he says "When a goose is born, the first living entity it perceives is its mother, so it follows its mother throughout its life. To justify his hypothesis he ensured that the first person a new born gosling saw was him, and lol the gosling followed him instead of its own mother, all its life."
So, ladies and gentlemen, we poor mortals <read innocent ill fated goslings> who art born second carry our cross for no fault of ours but a mere quirk of fate, from which we cannot depart.
No comments:
Post a Comment